SUNY Delhi offers several opportunities for students to become certified as Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors. In addition to the for credit courses offered through the college, non-credit bearing courses in waterfront lifeguarding are also offered by our staff.
Waterfront Lifeguard Training | REGISTRATION FORM
- DATE: March 12, 2018 – May 2, 2018
- Mondays & Wednesdays 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM!
CLASSES TIME AND DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Monday 3/12, Wednesday 3/14, Monday 3/19, Wednesday 3/21, Wednesday 4/4, Monday 4/16, Wednesday 4/18, Monday 4/23, Wednesday 4/25, Monday 4/30, Wednesday 5/2.
RED CROSS includes: Waterfront Lifeguarding Training, AED, First Aid, & CPR-FPR.
ATTENDANCE AT ALL SESSIONS FOR THE CLASS IS MANDATORY: NO EXCEPTIONS
- Minimum age of 15
- Swim 550 yard continuously: 200 front crawl, 200 Breaststroke &150 either
- Starting in the shallow water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10lb object, return to surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps within 1 minute 40 seconds
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4-7 feet of water, resurface and swim 5 yards to the side of the pool
- Tread water for 2 minutes - legs only
- Class size limited - NOTE: CLASS MINIMUM OF SIX.
- Certification Requirements:
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
- Demonstrate competency in the three final skill scenariosCorrectly answer at least 80% on all the written tests
Cost: ($270 SUBJECT TO CHANGE) PAYABLE TO SUNY DELHI POOL. A $45.00 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED AT REGISTRATION. THE REMAINDER OF THE FEE IS DUE THE SECOND DAY OF CLASS. COURSE OUTLINES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE POOL. Phone number (607) 746-4263
- DATE: April 28, 2018 - 10am to 8pm OR May 12, 2018 - 9am to 7pm
- PRICE: $125 with $25 nonrefundable deposit
SUNY Delhi offers both Lifeguarding (PEDH 164) and Water Safety Instructor (PEDH 165) as a credit bearing courses in both the fall and spring semesters each academic year. More information about these courses may be found in the college catalog.