- University of New England '06 - M.S. Education
- University of Delaware '01 - B.A. History Education
- USATF Level II Certification for Endurance Events
At SUNY Delhi:
Coach Munro enters his fifth year at the head of the cross country and track and field programs with what appears to be a great season ahead. In the last four years of cross country, the SUNY Delhi men have won a conference title, two regional titles and placed third at the National Championships three times. The women have been runners-up in the conference and the region twice and also placed third at the National Championships in 2013. Eight athletes have earned All-American in cross country under Munro and six have been Academic All-American.
On the track the teams have fared even better. After a disappointing finish for both men and women at the regional and national meets in Munro's first year, both programs took off. The men and women swept the regional titles in 2014 and 2015. Then the women went on to win the National Championship in 2014, the 20th National Title in SUNY Delhi Athletics history, and the men were National Runners-up, just seven points behind the winners. In 2015, the men won the National Championship and the women were the runners-up. The men's team in 2015 established a new CHampionship record for points scored and winning margin. The last two seasons have produced 48 All-American honors in track and field. In 2016, SUNY Delhi's first in the USCAA, the men's team won the USCAA National Invitational while the women placed fourth.
Since Munro has taken over the programs, SUNY Delhi has had 16 individual national champions, 63 All-Americans and two National Titles.
Prior to SUNY Delhi:
Coach Munro spent eleven years teaching at Bainbridge-Guilford Middle/High School in Bainbridge, NY. While there he coached primarily the BGA Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field Teams, but also coached athletes in Harpursville and Greene. Athletes under Munro's guidance:
- Established eight NYSPHSAA Section IV Records
- Earned NYSPHSAA or NYS Federation medals 57 times
- Qualified for a National Championship 27 times
- Earned 5 All-American Honors (1 XC, 2 Indoor, 2 Outdoor)
- Won one Northeast Regional Cross Country Championship (2010)
- Set one New York State Record in the 2,000 meters (US#2AT)
From 2005-2012, Munro's teams have won:
- Seven boy's conference titles
- Six boy's conference relay titles
- Six girl's conference titles
- Seven girl's conference relay titles
- Two sectional team titles (girls-2007, boys 2010)
Athletic Accomplishments and Honors:
Munro was a New York State Class C/D Champion and All-American in the steeplechase for Sidney High School. He went on to earn 11 total varsity letters in cross country, indoor and outdoor track and field at Virginia Tech (1996-1997) and the University of Delaware (1998-2001). At the time the men's programs at UD were discontinued, Munro still ranked fourth all time in the steeplechase.
Munro lives in Delhi, NY with his wife Stephanie, his sons Liam and Finley and his dog Marcy.