MARLBORO, N.Y. (March 31, 2019) – A total of 17 Broncos achieved lifetime bests over 24 events during the SUNY Delhi track and field team's competition Saturday at the Mount Saint Mary Invitational. These accomplishments even translated into wins, with Delhi carrying five first-place finishes on the day.
One week after shattering her lifetime best in the shot put, junior Diana Echols continued her brilliance, winning the event with a new PR of 11.45, moving up to second all-time in the school record books; the current record is held by Echols's former teammate Cheyenne Weaver, who threw 11.75m in 2018. Echols also took fourth in the discus, throwing for 28.45m. Jumper Glenn Butler Jr. posted two wins, taking the high jump and long jump with new lifetime bests of 2.01m and 6.73m, respectively. Matthew Scavetta won the pole vault with a season-best 4.20m, while freshman Humphrey Banful took first in the 110-meter hurdles at 16.38.
Coming back from an injury, Diara Oliver finished second in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.47. Freshman Katerina Salcedo and junior Lucas Reilly took second in the 1500 meters on the women's and men's sides. Salcedo finished her first career 1500 at 5:14.87, while Reilly clocked in at 4:18.89. In her first career pole vault event, Aliyah McLean placed second with a height of 2.44m. Ashley Magnifico took third in 800 meters at 2:35.78, as did the 4x100 men's relay team of Banful, Sean Andrews, Shamar Barker and Owen Sleasman with a time of 43.92.
School Record Strides
- Diana Echols: Shot put (11.45m, 2nd all-time)
- Men's Field – Glenn Butler Jr.: 2.01m to win high jump and 6.73m to win long jump for lifetime bests in each. Also placed sixth in triple jump with new personal best of 12.45m.
- Men's Track – Sean Andrews: 22.91 for fourth in the 200m for a lifetime best and ran on the 4x100.
- Men's Rookie – Shamar Barker: 2:03.95 for fifth in the 800m and ran on the 4x100.
- Women's Track – Diara Oliver: Came back from injury to run 13.47 in the 100m for second place.
- Women's Field – Diana Echols: 11.45m in the shot put for a huge lifetime best to win and placed fourth in the discus at 28.45m.
- Women's Rookie – Katerina Salcedo: 5:14.87 in her first 1500m to place second.
AARTC Watch – Wednesday, May 15 to Thursday, May 16 @ SUNY Cortland
- Nicholas Arnecke: 10,000 meters (32:24.64 at Goucher)
- Glenn Butler Jr.: High jump (1.92m at Goucher, 2.01m at Mt. St. Mary)
- Kobie Lane: 5000 meters (15:11.13 at Goucher)
- Abshir Yerow: 10,000 meters (32:11.12 at Goucher)
SUNY DELHI TEAM RESULTS
100 METER DASH
WOMEN: 2. Diara Oliver – 13.47
110 METER HURDLES
MEN: 1. Humphrey Banful – 16.38
200 METER DASH
800 METER RUN
1500 METER RUN
5000 METER RUN
MEN: 17. Hashim Gambari – 17.77m
MEN: 1. Glenn Butler Jr. – 2.01m
MEN: 1. Matthew Scavetta – 4.20m
WOMEN: 2. Aliyah McLean – 2.44m
4X100 METER RELAY
4X400 METER RELAY
VOTE for Blaze in the round three of SUNY Mascot Madness! Voting ends Tuesday!