WATERVILLE, Me. (June 7, 2019) – A total of six SUNY Delhi track and field student-athletes made the grade to earn recognition to the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) Winter and Spring All-Academic Team. They are as follows:
- Nicholas Arnecke (Edmeston, NY / Edmeston): 4.00 GPA – Graduating Senior, Hotel & Restaurant Management
- NAC Senior Scholar Athlete, 2019 CoSIDA Academic All-District Selection
- All-NAC in the 10K and finished third in both the 5K and 10K at the AARTFC Outdoor Championships.
- Finished his career holding school records in the indoor 5K (14:59.92) and the outdoor 10K (30:44.62).
- Tristen Bowker (Walton, NY / Delaware Academy): 3.92 GPA – Graduating Senior, Hotel & Restaurant Management
- All-NAC in 5K, finished third in NAC 10K.
- Ashley Magnifico (Bayport, NY / Bayport-Blue Point): 3.82 GPA – Junior, Human Resources Management
- NAC champion in 4x400, 4x800; placed fifth in 400m, 800m
- Arielle Moheimani (Homer, NY / Homer): 3.80 GPA – Sophomore, Mechatronics
- NAC champion in 400m hurdles, 3K steeplechase, 4x400, 4x800.
- Jewel Pignetti (New Windsor, NY / Cornwall Central): 3.62 GPA – Sophomore, Mechatronics
- Track & Field SAAC representative; Outreach Coordinator.
- Jaylynn Sheppard (Queens, NY / HS for CTEA): 3.81 GPA – Sophomore, Mechatronics
The NAC Winter and Spring All-Academic Team recognizes student athletes on winter and spring season varsity sports teams who have earned a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.50 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Student athletes must also have reached sophomore academic standing and competed in a minimum of two years of varsity competition at their institution.
Under seventh-year head coach Robb Munro, the Broncos made history in their first season in both the NAC and NCAA Division III by capturing the men's and women's conference title in April, as well as topping the tri-conference meet that included the GNAC and NECC. The women won 14 events, while the men tallied 12 victories.