WEST POINT, N.Y. (May 10, 2019) – Six SUNY Delhi track and field student-athletes competed in the Broncos' regular season finale Thursday evening at the West Point Twilight. With a productive outdoor campaign that resulted in men's and women's NAC championships, head coach Robb Munro's squad will look to save the best for last on the big stage at the AARTFC Championships at SUNY Cortland from Wednesday, May 15 to Thursday, May 16.
Two of Delhi's competitors Thursday put in performances to reinforce their stakes for the AARTFC Championships. Diana Echols took seventh in the shot put with a throw of 11.21m and 13th in the hammer throw at 37.94m. Fellow regional qualifier Alex Irving finished fifth in the triple jump at 13.52m, then took a 8th-place finish in the long jump at 6.41m.
Pole vaulter Matthew Scavetta cleared a season best of 4.31m to finish fifth. The men's mid-distance three pack of Michael Moran, Anthony Cuchel and Derrick Kenan competed in the 800 meters. Moran took 29th at 1:58.91, Cuchel 34th at 2:02.53 and Kenan 41st at 2:08.56.
AARTFC Watch – Wednesday, May 15 to Thursday, May 16 @ SUNY Cortland
- Nicholas Arnecke
- 10,000 meters (32:24.64 at Goucher)
- 5,000 meters (14:52.81 at Princeton)
- Humphrey Banful
- 110-meter hurdles (15.71 at NAC)
- Glenn Butler Jr.
- High jump (1.92m at Goucher, 2.01m at Mt. St. Mary, 1.95m at TCNJ, 2.00m at Bronco Classic, 2.06 at NAC)
- Long Jump (6.86m at TCNJ, 6.87m at NAC)
- Diana Echols
- Shot Put (11.71m at Bronco Classic)
- Alex Irving
- Triple Jump (13.84m at East Stroudsburg, 13.52m at West Point)
- Kobie Lane
- 5000 meters (15:11.13 at Goucher, 14:49.69 at Princeton, 14:37.71 at Penn Relays *School Record)
- Katerina Salcedo
- 800 meters (2:18.15 at TCNJ *School Record)
- Abshir Yerow
- 10,000 meters (32:11.12 at Goucher, 31:44.94 at Princeton)
- Women's 4x100 Relay
SUNY DELHI TEAM RESULTS
WOMEN: 7. Diana Echols – 11.21m
WOMEN: 13. Diana Echols – 37.94m
MEN: 5. Matthew Scavetta – 4.31m
MEN: 8. Alex Irving – 6.41m
MEN: 5. Alex Irving – 13.52m